There are many occasions whether by agreement or necessity that you as either a Landlord or a Tenant may need to vary the terms of a lease under which you hold a residential or commercial property.
Whether it is simply to extend the term of an existing lease from 99 years to 999 years to make it mortgageable or whether as a Landlord you are seeking to redevelop a Leasehold building or turn a freehold building into leasehold flats we are here to help.
We have extensive expertise in all aspects of residential and commercial leasehold formation and variation to include:
- Negotiating the terms of the variation
- Extending lease terms
- Removing restrictive covenants
- Rectifying lease plans
- Amending rights granted under a lease
- Drafting deeds of variation
- Drafting of new leases
- Obtaining any necessary approvals from existing mortgage companies
- Creating Land Registry and Council of Mortgage Lenders compliant leases
- Rectifying errors in exiting lease documents
- Drafting of break clauses in commercial leases