All your property questions answered.
Our team are highly experienced and skilled in dealing with residential property and housing transactions. We recognise that high-quality advice and value for money, founded upon long-term relationships are the key to our success.
Whether you are buying or selling, we aim, as far as possible, to take some of the strain out of the conveyancing process, which will give you the time and energy to focus on other aspects of your move. We will also guide you through each stage of the residential conveyancing process in plain English without complicated legal jargon.
Our experience extends to all aspects of residential property, whether buying or selling a freehold or leasehold property, including joint ownership, lease extensions and tenancy agreements.
In each transaction, your case will be personally supervised by an experienced member of our team, who you will have contact with from beginning to end. As a result of our client-focused service, it matters to us that we ask the right questions. We aim to unblock obstacles and to get you the results you need with speedy, appropriate and accurate advice.
Whilst the experience of the legal professionals concerned and therefore the service you receive will vary from firm to firm, the Solicitors Regulation Authority require us to publish our fees for residential conveyancing. You can view our pricing structure, together with some examples of the costs here.
Conveyancing – Buying and Selling Property
Instructing us to handle your conveyancing means you have chosen to ensure that only a qualified independent Solicitor will handle your conveyancing, from start to finish and that’s guaranteed.
Our fixed fee quotation gives our clients peace of mind, at an agreed price
We pride ourselves on combining a top quality service with affordability. Our fixed fee quotation gives our clients peace of mind at an agreed price.
conveyancing tailored specifically to your house move
No lengthy waiting on the end of a phone, flexible appointments, communication in a manner that suits you and conveyancing tailored specifically to your house move. Let us take care of the details so you don’t need to worry.
Moving you faster!
Whether you are buying or selling property or perhaps both, you want to know that your Solicitor is fully focused on your move.
We know that you want to get your transaction completed quickly and with the minimum of fuss. Certainly, the old adage ‘time is money’ has always been an important factor for our clients, which is why we assure:
- Free first discussion either at our offices or over the phone
- Aiming to move you in just five to eight weeks
- Fixed fee quotation
- Communication by letter, email or phone to suit your needs
- Competitive pricing structure that combines quality with affordability
- Approved by the Law Society Conveyancing Quality Conveyancing Scheme
In more detail…
Our Cornwall team (formerly Caunters Solicitors) are proud to have been one of the first Solicitors in Cornwall to achieve the Law Society’s Conveyancing Quality Scheme (CQS) accreditation. The scheme improves efficiency in the conveyancing process and aids us in continuing to provide all our conveyancing clients with the highest level of service, standards and specialist legal advice to help you through the process.
As part of our accreditation we have signed up to the Conveyancing Quality Scheme Charter which tells you exactly what you can expect from us:
- When you contact us to discuss your sale or purchase we will explain clearly the steps in the conveyancing process and what you can expect from your Solicitor.
- We will tell you what the costs will be.
- We will keep you informed of the progress of your sale and/or purchase.
- We will work and adhere to the Law Society’s Conveyancing Quality Scheme.
- We will treat you fairly.
- We will be polite and professional.
- We will respond promptly to your enquiries.
- We will tell you about any issues as soon as we are aware of them.
- We will ask for your feedback on our service.
As soon as you decide to put your house on the market or have an offer accepted on a property you should contact us so that we can get the administrative matters underway. We can then ensure that we progress your property matter as soon as possible. We will need to know several details including:
- Evidence of identification
- The price of the property
- Any factors or time-scales you need us to work to
- How you are planning to pay for the property
- If you are applying for a mortgage or have a mortgage to redeem
- Whether you plan to carry out any work on the property
- If you are acting for someone else
We will quote you a cost on request. Please remember that there are a number of additional expenses such as Stamp Duty, Land Registry, VAT and several search fees including those with the Local Authority to ascertain any planning issues that may affect the property. Other searches may include flooding, contaminated land and mining subsidence.